The first Call for Proposals for granting funds under the Frontex Research Grants Programme has now been published and is dedicated to small-scale research projects on novel technologies for border management. The aim of the call with a budget of 250 000 euros is to foster and support EU’s research and innovation on a broad range of technologies relevant for the European Border and Coast Guard community, including:
- technologies for border checks;
- technologies for border surveillance and situational awareness;
- technologies for information and communication management and data analytics;
- simulation tools;
- technologies for standing corps and logistic support;
- advanced technologies for environmentally sustainable systems and operations;
- disruptive, emerging and key enabling technologies.
Research organisations and academic institutions can easily submit proposals for research projects lasting between 6 and 12 months and requesting Frontex a co-funding not exceeding 60 000 EUR to reimburse up to 90% of the eligible project’s direct costs. Applications are welcome from both single entities and consortia of up to four co-applicants and should reach Frontex no later than Sunday, 5 March 2023 12:00 (CET). Minimum administrative workload is foreseen for the beneficiaries of the grants, thanks to a simplified funding scheme based on lump sum costs.
This call for proposals and all its annexes (including the application forms) are available for downloading on the Frontex webpage. For a quick overview, we encourage perspective applicants to read the Call for Proposals Factsheet.
For further information about the programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.