On 2-3 February 2021, Frontex, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency, will hold virtual Industry Days to explore solutions for delivering return and reintegration assistance to non-EU nationals returning to their countries of origin.
As part of its expanded mandate in the field of post-arrival/post-return assistance, the Agency is currently developing Joint Reintegration Services (JRS). Frontex will offer assistance to nationals of non-EU countries after voluntary and non-voluntary return. This includes people with different profiles and backgrounds, also in a vulnerable situation.
This is why we are inviting organisations that are active in delivering return and reintegration programmes in non-EU countries to present their activities.
These programmes should cover various aspects of return and reintegration activities ranging from, inter alia, counselling, referral to reintegration assistance on the ground, access to livelihood projects, vocational education and training.
The thematic industry days will focus on:
1) Return and reintegration counselling
- Providing adequate and relevant information on the local situation and reintegration opportunities and co-designing a reintegration plan
- Virtual discussions with a return counsellor and/or the non-EU country national
- Arrangements for vulnerable persons (i.e. assistance with airport logistics, onward transportation, or temporary accommodation).
2) Post-arrival assistance
- Assistance with airport pick-up or reception at airport
- Assistance with onward domestic travel
- Provision of temporary housing
- Appropriate medical care upon arrival.
3) Post-arrival reintegration counselling
- Reintegration counselling leads to the development of an individual reintegration plan which includes an overview of the needs and aspirations of the person concerned, lists the planned expenses and describes the support, referral and counselling that is required throughout the process.
4) Implementation and follow-up of the reintegration plan
- Regular contact with the person concerneduntil the moment the reintegration is finalised and financially processed. These regular contact moments encourage a smooth cooperation and pro-activeness during the reintegration process.
- Assistance in the use of the reintegration package.
- Referral to other organisations or service solutions, depending on local possibilities, the network of local reintegration partners and the needs of the persons concerned.
Interested organisations are invited to apply by completing an online form (here). Applications are open until Wednesday 6 January 2021, EOB. All applications received will be evaluated based on their relevance for Frontex, clarity and comprehensiveness. The outcome of the evaluation will be announced by 19 January 2021, and the virtual meetings will take place on 2-3 February 2021.
The discussions will be held via Cisco Webex. Each selected organisation will have approx. 40 minutes to present (10 minutes questions and answers included).
We are looking forward to receiving your applications.